Capital City: Kuala Lumpur
Large Cities: Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bahru
Official Language: Malaysian, English
Currency: Ringgit (RM) (RM 1= Tk. 25)
High Quality Education:
All educational institutions in Malaysia are closely monitored by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) through quality control authority such as Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), and appropriate legislation such as the Education Act 1996, the Private Higher Educational Institutions Act 1996 and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency Act 2007.
Why Study in Malaysia:
With more than 30 years of experience in international education, Malaysia’s unique well structured higher education system offers the opportunity to pursue an international qualification at a competitive rate. You can choose from US, UK, Australian or Malaysian academic qualifications designed with flexibility and affordability in mind. In the 2012 QS World University Rankings, 14 Malaysian universities featured in the Top 300.
Intakes: January/February, May, September.
When To Apply: At least 3 months prior to the commencement of the program.
Tuition Fee: RM. 8,000-50,000 ($2000- $10,000) per year depending on the level, course and university.
Accommodation Cost: The estimated the cost of living for students to range from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 150,000 ($800 to $2500) per year. This amount includes food, accommodation and transport.
Part Time Working Facility: Available
Admission and Visa Process for Malaysia
- File opening charge: 10,000.
- Submit all notarized educational mark sheets and certificates
- Copies of passport (minimum 6 months validity) with 10 pp copies photo.
- Fill up the application form; pay the Application fee and EMGS fee (RM 1910 approx).
- 2 (Two) Certified true copies of English Language Proficiency (if applicable); IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/TOEIC.
- Health Examination and Medical Record.
- Post graduate students need to submit CV, work experience certificates, LOR and SOP/research statement (if necessary)
- Submission of university application form with other application forms. (Application forms charges are required)
- The University may take up to 8 weeks to send the email copy Letter of Acceptance (LoA) if eligible.
- All the above documents will be sent to university through international courier and electronic copies will be mailed directly to the university.
- Pay the administration & tuition fees (partial/ full).
- You can expect the original LoA and VAL in 4-8 weeks.
- Fill up the visa application form and submit it with passport and other relevant documents at High Commission of Malaysia to obtain a single entry permit.
- After getting admission letter and hostel expenses breakdown (if applicable), visa application with proper documents will be submitted in VFS
- Minimum 1 year tuition+ living cost have to be shown in personal or sponsor’s (first blood preferred) bank account for at least 6 months.
Students are required to inform the University of your arrival details at least 5 (five) working days prior to your arrival in Malaysia. Kindly take note that you might need to be picked up by University’s representative at the airport in order to obtain clearance from the Immigration check.