Capital City: Oslo
Large Cities: Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger, Tromso.
Official Language: Norwegian
Currency Norwegian Krone (NOK 1 = Tk. 12)
High Quality Education:
With a wide range of high quality courses and great flexibility, Norwegian institutions prove to be an ideal study destination. From vocational subjects to postgraduate and doctorate level, there are plenty of opportunities for students to fulfill their ambitions. You will also benefit from the informal atmosphere at Norwegian universities and university colleges, where teachers are easily approachable and tuition often takes place in small groups. Most institutions also have well equipped computer facilities with free Internet access.
Why Study in Norway:
Internationalization is a priority within all sectors of the Norwegian education system, and universities and university colleges are constantly working to facilitate for international students. Around 15 000 foreign nationals are currently enrolled at Norwegian institutions of higher education. International students may apply for admission to a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs. You may come to Norway as student through established exchange programs, institutional agreements or as a so called “free mover”, where you arrange the stay by yourself (type of study, length and financing).
When To Apply: At least 6 months prior to the commencement of the program.
Tuition Fee: There are no tuition fees for universities in Norway.
Accommodation Cost The estimated the cost of living for students to range from NOK 50,000 to 200,000 per year. This amount includes food, accommodation and transport.
Part Time Working Facility: Available
Admission and Visa Process for Norway
- File opening charge: 20,000.
- Submit all notarized educational mark sheets and certificates.
- Copies of passport (minimum 6 months validity) with 10 pp copies photo.
- Health Examination and Medical/Insurance Record.
- 2 (Two) Certified true copies of English Language Proficiency (if applicable); IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/TOEIC.
- Post graduate students need to submit CV, work experience certificates, LOR and SOP/research statement (if necessary)
- Submission of university application form with other application forms. (Application fee charges are required).
- All the above documents will be sent to university through international courier and electronic copies will be mailed directly to the university.
- Bank statement of 1 year living expenses has to be furnished in own or Sponsor’s account (first blood relationships preferred).
- After getting admission letter and block account information, visa application with proper documents will be submitted in the VFS.
- IELTS requirements are Diploma 5.5, UG: 6.0, Graduate Dip: 6.0/ 6.5, PG: 6.5.
- Basic Knowledge of Finnish/Swedish/Norwegian language will be helpful for finding jobs and internships.