Capital City: New Delhi
Large Cities: Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Pune.
Official Language: Hindi, Urdu, English
Currency: Indian Rupee (INR 1 = Tk. 1.5)
High Quality Education:
India is especially well known for the quality of its education in engineering and technology subjects, spearheaded by the prestigious and internationally recognized Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). There are currently 16 of these, around the country, focusing mainly on engineering, technology and science disciplines.
Other highly acclaimed specialist universities include the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, and the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), of which there are 13 spread across the country.
Among India’s more general universities, the highest performing in the world rankings are the Universities of Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta and Pune.
Why Study in India:
India is without question one of the world’s most culturally diverse countries. In terms of religion, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhism and Buddhism are all broadly practiced. In terms of language, it’s difficult to imagine greater diversity – hundreds of dialects are used here, and in fact the 2001 census identified no less than 26 different mother tongues with more than a million speakers. With the world’s second largest population and a fast-growing and ever-more influential economy, it’s unsurprising that India’s higher education system has undergone rapid expansion over the past few decades. It is now one of the largest higher education systems in the world – and to an outsider, perhaps one of the most complex. There are thousands of universities and colleges to choose from, of many different types, sizes, specializations and origins.
When To Apply: At least 3 months before the start of the program.
Tuition Fee: Rs. 50,000-250,000 ($800- $4,000) per year.
Accommodation Cost: The estimated the cost of living for students to range from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 150,000 ($800 to $2500) per year. This amount includes food, accommodation and transport.
Part Time Working Facility: Available
Admission and Visa Process for India
- File opening charge: 10,000.
- Submit all notarized educational mark sheets and certificates
- Copies of passport (minimum 6 months validity) with 10 pp copies photo.
- Post graduate students need to submit CV, work experience certificates, LOR and SOP/research statement (if necessary).
- Submission of university application form with other application forms. (Application forms charges are required)
- All the above documents will be sent to university through international courier and electronic copies will be mailed directly to the university.
- Need to pay the tuition fees to the Institution account (Bank Draft/TT/ Credit card ) refundable if the visa is rejected.
- After getting admission letter and hostel expenses breakdown (if applicable), visa application with proper documents will be submitted in VFS
- Minimum 1 year tuition+ living cost have to be shown in personal or sponsor’s (first blood preferred) bank account for at least 6 months.
- Students need to apply for Residence Permit (RP) within 7 days of arrival.