Capital City: Helsinki
Large Cities: Helsinki, Espoo, Tampere, Vantaa, Oulu, Turku.
Official Language: Finnish
Currency: Euro (€1= Tk. 90)
High Quality Education:
Finnish education system was ranked best in the world. Unlike in most countries, students also have a real influence on the quality of education. There is legislation in place that allows them exceptional influence in developing their institutions and studies together with their teachers. Studying in Finland is regarded as relatively independent. Teaching methods in Finland are far from authoritarian. Learning is based on discussion, working together, and pupils finding information for them.
Why Study in Finland:
Finland has 10 multidisciplinary universities, along with six universities that specialize in particular disciplines. There are also a number of universities of applied sciences, or polytechnics, which offer vocational training. There are around 550 English language courses taught at Finnish higher education institutions, ranging from short courses that form part of exchange programs to full degree courses. Finland has several universities in the Top 100 of the World University Rankings
When To Apply: At least 3 months before the start of the program.
Tuition Fee: There are no tuition fees for universities in Finland.
Accommodation Cost: The estimated the cost of living for students to range from €8,000 to €20,000 per year. This amount includes food, accommodation and transport.
Part Time Working Facility: Available.
Admission and Visa Process for Finland
- File opening charge: 20,000.
- Submit all notarized educational mark sheets and certificates.
- Copies of passport (minimum 6 months validity) with 10 pp copies photo.
- Health Examination and Medical/Insurance Record.
- 2 (Two) Certified true copies of English Language Proficiency (if applicable); IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/TOEIC.
- Post graduate students need to submit CV, work experience certificates, LOR and SOP/research statement (if necessary)
- Submission of university application form with other application forms. (Application fee charges are required).
- All the above documents will be sent to university through international courier and electronic copies will be mailed directly to the university.
- Bank statement of 1 year living expenses has to be furnished in own or Sponsor’s account (first blood relationships preferred).
- After getting admission letter and block account information, visa application with proper documents will be submitted in the VFS.
- IELTS requirements are Diploma 5.5, UG: 6.0, Graduate Dip: 6.0/ 6.5, PG: 6.5.
- Basic Knowledge of Finnish/Swedish/Norwegian language will be helpful for finding jobs and internships.