Capital City: Berlin
Large Cities: Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne. Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf.
Official Language: German
Currency: Euro (€1= Tk. 90)
High Quality Education:
Why Study in Germany:
Germany has always packed a punch when it comes to academia. Its long list of Nobel Prize winners dates back to 1901 and includes one of the world’s most famous scholars, Albert Einstein. It is also home to many highly-rated institutions that feature prominently in international rankings. There are more than 350 institutions offering higher education in Germany, with in excess of 14,000 degree courses on offer. More than 800 courses are offered at degree level in English in Germany, though many of these are above undergraduate level.
Intakes: July-September; Summer (SS), January-February; Winter (WS)
When To Apply: At least 6 months prior to commencement of the program.
Tuition Fee: There are no tuition fees for public universities in Germany. In some states, universities charge €50 – €500 as session fee. Private universities charge tuition fees for International Degrees like Management, MBA, Law etc.
Accommodation Cost: The estimated the cost of living for students to range from €4000 – €10000 per year, depending on the city. This amount includes food, accommodation and transport.
Part Time Working Facility: Students can work 20 Hrs during the semester and fulltime during the vacation period.
Admission and Visa Process for Germany
- File opening charge: 20,000.
- Submit all notarized educational mark sheets and certificates.
- Copies of passport (minimum 6 months validity) with 10 pp copies photo.
- Health Examination and Medical/Insurance Record.
- 2 (Two) Certified true copies of English Language Proficiency (if applicable); IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/TOEIC.
- If intended medium of instruction is Deutsch, then Test DAF/DSH certificate should be included.
- Post graduate students need to submit CV, work experience certificates, LOR and SOP/research statement (if necessary)
- Submission of university application form with other application forms. (Application forms charges are required).
- If application is made through Uni-Assist, extra charges might be applicable.
- All the above documents will be sent to university through international courier and electronic copies will be mailed directly to the university/Uni-Assist.
- Bank statement of block account of €7,908 should be furnished in the home country which will be transferred to Germany after visa approval.
- After getting admission letter and block account information, visa application with proper documents will be submitted in the German Embassy.
- For Bachelor’s and Master’s students, knowledge of Deutsch will be helpful for getting visa.